An Introduction to the PiXL Vision Correction Procedure
- PiXL ™ is a Health Canada approved, non-surgical vision correction procedure for low prescriptions.
- Clearview Institute is passionate about offering the best possible vision care to everyone; even mild vision problems can disrupt your life and therefore be improved with more advanced technology, which we are proud to offer.
- This groundbreaking technology is the latest evolution in the field of refractive surgery.
- PiXL ™ biomechanically strengthens the cornea and improves patient vision in a simple two-step procedure that is highly safe and without risks.
- Although the technology is already available in Europe, Australia and Asia, Clearview Institute is the first to introduce PiXL it to Canada.
What Conditions Does PiXL ™ Vision Correction Procedure Address?
Patients who are:
- Ineligible for laser vision correction,
- Feel uncomfortable undergoing surgery, or
- Whose prescription is mild enough that they think laser vision correction isn’t right for them can now benefit from improved vision.
PiXL ™ improves your vision and reduces your dependency on the high cost of glasses and contacts. PiXL ™ will simplify your life in many ways.
How Does PiXL ™ Vision Correction Procedure Work?
PiXL ™ gently reshapes and strengthens the cornea without surgery using a combination of eye drops and light. This makes the procedure completely non-invasive. We can complete the process in 20 or 30 minutes.
These are the steps:
- We apply riboflavin (vitamin B2) eye drops to the cornea. Riboflavin is a naturally occurring, non-toxic photosensitizer.
- We shine ultraviolet A (UVA) light on the riboflavin-soaked cornea, in equal or less exposure to that of summer sunlight.
- The UVA light strengthens and reshapes the cornea by cross-linking corneal collagen fibres, improving your vision.
Am I a Good Candidate for PiXL Laser Vision Correction?
Promising developments in laser vision correction like PiXL prove that healthy eyesight can be restored the moment it declines — or when it does not decline nearly enough to warrant other types of laser surgery. Now, more patients can preserve and restore their vision early on.
PiXL laser correction is especially promising. With benefits like the ability to correct residual refractive errors, treat presbyopia or natural vision decline due to ageing, and noninvasive reshaping or strengthening of the cornea, 20/20 vision can be a reality again in no time. Embark on this journey towards healthy eyes and improved quality of life, starting by finding out whether PiXL is exactly what you need to correct your vision problems.
PiXL laser vision correction is a life-changing option for:
- Patients who are anxious or afraid of undergoing a laser excimer procedure
- Patients whose prescriptions are very mild due to only a very small refractive error, which previously made them ineligible for laser correction
- Those with otherwise clear, 20/20 vision but begin to experience “ageing eye” (presbyopia) or natural decline in acuity with age.
This innovative laser eye surgery uses the cross-linking technique and UV light to alter the collagen in your corneas, and correct mild refractive errors. PiXL offers a world of possibilities — one that frees you from the constraints of eyeglasses and contact lenses to compensate for even the mildest degree of declining vision. With these lifestyle and occupational benefits, you can get back to things you love and do best in no time.
Dear Dr. Kranemann, Many thanks in the nice, smooth and trouble free cataract surgery you carried out on both my eyes at Clearview Institute. I would like also to extend my thanks to all the staff of clearview. They are efficient, kind hearted and very helpful.
Dr. Kranemann is exceptionally intelligent and experienced. He is passionate about achieving perfect results for his patients, and proved it by correcting my father’s vision perfectly. We are very happy and grateful and highly recommend Dr. Kranemann.
Had the new vision correction procedure SMILE. WOW is all I can say. Life without glasses is amazing. Great surgeon and medical staff. Will refer his expertise on to family and friends.