Your care and safety are our main concern as we continue to provide exceptional service in the midst of (COVID-19).
Current Preventative Measures:
- Clinic has installed Plexiglas at front desk
- Signage on front door of clinic
- Door Bell installed on front door to control patient capacity in clinic
- Social Distancing decals on the floor
- Waiting area re-arranged to ensure 6 feet distancing
- Signage to remind patients not to speak during eye exam ( avoiding droplets from coughing, sneezing, talking)
- Only patients allowed in clinic, guest accompanying patient to wait outside of clinic in lobby
- No magazines, coffee tea or juice at this time, no flowers ( to prevent community spread)
- Patients are pre-screened on phone and again when they arrive regarding COVID -19 symptoms. Using latest information provided by Ministry of Health.
- Patient portal on website so patient can fill out paper work online rather than using pens and paper at clinic.
- Educational videos via Portal; specific to treatment options (with the intent that some knowledge about options prior to appt will help to reduce appt time spent in clinic.
- Furniture and surfaces continue to be cleaned and sanitized regularly ( before, after and during clinic and between patients-signs are up showing patients rooms have been sanitized)
- Diagnostic equipment continues to be sanitized before and after every patient
- UVC and UVV-latter for chemicals and odors
- Hydroxyl Engines
- Operating rooms are CPSO-approved with high efficiency (HEPA) filters.
- Our Surgical Medical Bays are private and are 8 feet apart. Patients are separated in pre and post op area.
- We have hand-sanitizers at all points of entry, on all tables, offices and sitting areas.
- Our policies and procedures for maintaining a clean environment for Out-of-Hospital Premises (OHP) continue to meet and exceed those recommended by Ontario Ministry of Health, World Health Organization (WHO), College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPSO), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- All staff have taken hygiene/disinfectant certification training via public Health
- All staff have taken Covid-19 training and exercises via WHO ( world Health Organization)
- Temperature checks before clinic opens
- All staff wear scrubs (no street clothes in clinic); masks, gowns, face shields and or goggles and gloves