An introduction to ReLEx SMILE
- ReLEx ® SMILE is a minimally invasive Health Canada approved treatment for nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. SMILE is the latest advancement in laser vision correction technology.
- 1 million people have had SMILE
- SMILE has a 10-year track record of success
- Over 1,300 surgeons worldwide perform SMILE
- SMILE accounts for 10% of all laser vision correction procedures worldwide and growing.
- ReLEx SMILE stands for Small Incision Lenticule Extraction or SMILE for short.
- Clearview Institute is the first clinic in Canada to offer SMILE to its patients.
Laser Blended Vision (PRESBYOND)
An introduction to PRESBYOND Laser Blended Vision
- Laser blended vision correction treatment – also known as PRESBYOND – is a revolutionary new treatment for treating the symptoms of presbyopia, introduced by ZEISS.
- In yet another example of our leadership, Clearview Institute was the first to introduce laser blended vision PRESBYOND to North America.
- Laser Blended Vision PRESBYOND is less invasive and lower risk than other surgical procedures that compensate for presbyopia (for example, lens replacement or corneal inlays).
- Laser Blended Vision PRESBYOND is easier to adapt to than conventional monovision laser eye surgery or monovision contact lenses.
Custom Bladeless LASIK
An introduction to Custom PRK
- Custom Bladeless LASIK reduces a person’s dependency on glasses or contact lenses and offers the fastest recovery time of all vision correction procedures.
- Custom Bladeless LASIK is the most advanced LASIK technology available in North America.
- As another example of our leadership, we were one of the first clinics in Canada to offer this advanced technology to patients.
What conditions does Custom Bladeless LASIK address?
We can use Custom Bladeless LASIK technology to treat
An introduction to LASIK Xtra
- For certain patients, we seamlessly add LASIK Xtra® during a LASIK or SMILE procedure to restore biomechanical integrity and strength to the cornea following the procedure
- LASIK Xtra extends the longevity of LASIK, decreasing the need for touch-up procedures
- Improve the accuracy of a LASIK procedure
- Provide peace of mind in knowing you are getting the highest quality, safest eye care possible
- Reduce the potential for long-term changes in your vision
An introduction to Custom PRK
- Surgeons use PRK to correct your vision so you can enjoy freedom from contact lenses and glasses.
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) is the original laser eye surgery.
- In certain cases, we use PRK to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
- PRK delivers particularly outstanding results for those who are nearsighted.
- Most patients have 20/20 vision or better a year after the procedure.
PiXL Vision Correction
An introduction to the PiXL Vision Correction Procedure
- PiXL ™ is a Health Canada approved, non-surgical vision correction procedure for low prescriptions.
- Clearview Institute is passionate about offering the best possible vision care to everyone; even mild vision problems can disrupt your life and therefore be improved with more advanced technology, which we are proud to offer.
- This groundbreaking technology is the latest evolution in the field of refractive surgery.
- PiXL ™ biomechanically strengthens the cornea and improves patient vision in a simple two-step procedure that is highly safe and without risks.
Laser Cataract Surgery
An introduction to Laser Cataract Surgery
- Laser cataract surgery is an enhanced version of traditional cataract surgery regarded as a significant advancement by the ophthalmic community due to its blade-free technology.
- Clearview Institute is at the forefront of vision care in Canada and, as such, is one of the first clinics in Canada to offer our patients laser cataract surgery.
What is Laser Cataract Surgery?
Traditional cataract surgery is performed with hand-held blades and other manual instruments. The laser cataract approach, however, utilizes a bladeless laser to automate and/or assist most of the critical parts of the operation. This leads to enhanced precision, accuracy and a more gentle approach.
Laser Light Transepithelial Crosslinking
An introduction to Laser Light Transepithelial Crosslinking
- Clearview Institute is proud to be the first clinic to introduce Avedro’s Laser Light Transepithelial Crosslinking to Canada.
- Clearview Institute is a leader when it comes to the combination of innovative and yet safe procedures and advanced, state-of-the-art technology to provide the best eye care possible.
- Clearview Institute is at the forefront of vision care and is a world-class provider, with clients who travel all over the world to see us.
Dry Eye Treatment
Lipiflow is used to treat dry eye disease caused by meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD). This condition occurs when the tiny Meibomian glands found in the eyelids are blocked. When the glands are blocked, they cannot produce the component of tears that protect the tear film that covers the outer surface of the eye. You have about 25 to 40 meibomian glands in the upper eyelid and 20 to 30 in the lower eyelid.
Corneal Inlay Vision Correction
An introduction to Corneal Inlay & Kamra
- After over 10 years of research and development, completed clinical trials in Europe and Asia, and over 15,000 inlays inserted worldwide, this breakthrough technology has received approval in Canada and is now available at the Clearview Institute.
What conditions does Corneal Inlay & Kamra address?
This innovative procedure is for the correction of reading glasses. Presbyopia – the need for reading glasses – typically occurs over the age of 45 because as the eyes age, they lose their ability to zoom from distant to near objects. Presbyopia will affect all of us at some point in our lives.