Are Eyelash Extensions Safe?
If you are someone who likes to use mascara regularly, then you may have considered eyelash extensions. Eyelash extensions have to be professionally applied, but they are a lot more real-looking than traditional false lashes. They can take you from having short and sparse eyelashes to looking like your eyelashes are naturally full and thick.
If you’re considering getting eyelash extensions, you should know the following:
- What to look for when getting eyelash extensions
- What kind of aftercare is necessary
- What some of the potential complications can be
And remember, at the Clearview Vision Institute, we’re here for all your eye surgery needs.
What to Look for When Getting Eyelash Extensions
If you are interested in getting eyelash extensions, it’s essential to make sure that you get them from someone who has experience working with them and knows how to apply them correctly and safely.
Take the following steps to make sure you find a qualified aesthetician:
- Ask for recommendations from people you know and check online reviews
- Once you’ve selected an aesthetician, ask them about their qualifications
- Ask to see a portfolio of their work
- Confirm the price and the application time. If the price is quite low or the application time is quite short, then the aesthetician is likely not a good choice
Important Aftercare Tips
Once you’ve had your eyelash extensions applied, you need to take care of them properly. Follow these tips to make sure you don’t injure yourself or your eyelash extensions:
- For the first few days after you’ve had your eyelash extensions applied, avoid getting any kind of moisture near them.
- After that, it’s OK to shower but you must blow-dry your extensions using the cool setting.
- Don’t rub your eyes, and be careful when washing around your eyes. You must clean your eyelash extensions with a special lash wash and brush them daily.
- Do not try to remove your eyelash extensions yourself. They will fall out naturally. If you want them removed early, have the removal done by a professional.
Are there any potential side effects of eyelash extensions?
While eyelash extensions can cut down on your need for mascara and make your eyes pop, there are some risks you need to consider as well. These are some of the most common side effects of eyelash extensions:
- An allergic reaction to eyelash glue. Ask your aesthetician to let you know the ingredients in the glue before they apply your eyelash extensions. If you do react, have your eyelash extensions removed immediately and visit your eye doctor.
- If you or your aesthetician don’t have clean hands when touching your eyelash extensions, you can run the risk of having your eyelids inflamed or developing ‘pink eye’.
- Eyelash extensions can increase your risk of developing dry eyes.
If you have any issues with your eyes after getting eyelash extensions, it’s imperative to see your eye doctor immediately so you can get proper treatment.
How can the Clearview Vision Institute help me with eye issues?
At the Clearview Vision Institute, we are on the cutting edge of eye treatment. We offer several different kinds of eye surgery to treat a variety of different types of eye issues. At the Clearview Vision Institute, we offer eye surgery to treat:
- Nearsightedness (myopia)
- Farsightedness (hyperopia)
- Astigmatism (irregular curvature of the cornea)
- Dry eye
- Keratoconus (a degenerative disorder of the eye)
- Presbyopia (age-related loss of the ability to focus on near objects)
You no longer have to suffer from poor vision or put up with wearing glasses or contacts all the time. You can have various eye issues treated with eye surgery and remove your need to wear eyeglasses or contacts.
If you were previously told you were not a good candidate for laser eye surgery or your eye issues could not be treated with eye surgery, that may no longer be the case. We offer several different eye surgery treatments, including:
- Different laser eye surgeries as a treatment for nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. We can talk to you about the options we offer, including ReLEx SMILE (minimally invasive and suitable for nearsightedness and astigmatism), Custom Bladeless LASIK, and Custom Photorefractive keratectomy or Custom PRK.
- We also offer two different treatments for presbyopia. We offer laser-blended vision correction treatment, also known as PRESBYOND. We can also perform corneal inlay or implant surgery that can help reverse the effects of presbyopia.
- If you have cataracts, we can offer you laser cataract surgery instead of traditional cataract surgery. Laser cataract surgery provides much more precise results than conventional cataract surgery.
- If you have a degenerative eye disorder such as keratoconus and ectasia, we can treat it with our Laser Light Transepithelial Crosslinking. This treatment is a much-improved version of corneal collagen crosslinking, which is the traditional treatment for degenerative eye disorders.
- We can treat dry eye disease using Lipiflow Thermal Pulsation.
Take Good Care of Your Eyes
It’s essential to take good care of your eyes and get regular eye exams. You should always be careful about any changes you make around your eyes – such as having eyelash extensions put in.
Now you know that if you’re considering getting eyelash extensions, you should be aware of:
- How to find a qualified aesthetician
- What kind of aftercare is necessary for eyelash extension
- What complications can arise if eyelash extensions are improperly attached, or if you do not take proper care of them
At the Clearview Vision Institute, we offer eye surgery to deal with a variety of eye issues. Whether you have problems with cataracts or just want to stop wearing glasses or contacts, we can find eye surgery that will work for you. If you haven’t been a good candidate for eye surgery in the past, that may have changed – so give us a call to get a consultation and find out!
To learn more about our eye surgery services, call Clearview Institute at 647-493-6371 or contact us here.