PiXL™ is a Health Canada approved, non-surgical vision correction procedure for mild prescriptions. This groundbreaking technology is the latest evolution in the field of refractive surgery. PiXL™ biomechanically strengthens the cornea and improves patient vision in a simple two-step procedure.
Clearview Vision Institute is the first clinic in Canada to offer this procedure. Patients who are ineligible for laser vision correction, feel uncomfortable undergoing surgery, or whose prescription is mild enough that they feel laser vision correction isn’t right for them can now benefit from improved vision.
How It Works
PiXL™ is a completely non-invasive, safe surgery performed by one of Clearview’s experienced doctors using a simple two-step procedure incorporating eye drops and light.
- We apply Riboflavin (vitamin B2) eye drops to the cornea. Riboflavin is a naturally occurring, non-toxic photosensitizer
- We shine ultra-violet A (UVA) light on the riboflavin-soaked cornea, in equal or less exposure to that of summer sunlight
- The UVA light strengthens and reshapes the cornea by cross-linking corneal collagen fibers, improving your vision
Benefits Of PiXL™ Procedure
- PiXL™ is the latest advancement in refractive technology since the development of eye tracking and 3D mapping technology, and offers patients with a completely non-invasive vision correction option in a simple, safe and effective procedure.
- It does not remove any tissue and simply uses a combination of riboflavin eye drops and UVA light
- Patients with a mild prescription have the potential to completely eliminate the high costs of glasses and contacts
- There is no visible change to the eyes and, depending on the patient prescription, both eyes can receive PiXL™
- PiXL™ gently reshapes and strengthens the cornea without surgery
Clearview Vision Institute is dedicated to providing patients with the latest technology and least invasive procedures available. This customizable procedure will help you to improve your vision without laser vision correction or glasses.
1. What is PiXL™?
PiXL™ is a non-surgical, two-step procedure for patients with low myopia.
2. Are there any safety concerns with the PiXL™ procedure?
The UVA light which illuminates the cornea is equal to or less than that of the exposure you would get from spending a full day outdoors on a sunny, summer day. As well, Riboflavin has been frequently used in safe, corneal procedures for over 10 years. It’s also an additive in some pharmaceuticals, and can be found in dairy products, eggs, leafy green vegetables, lean meats, legumes, and nuts. As with any procedure, there is a possibility that you may experience side effects during the healing process such as an inflammatory response, dryness of the eyes, an increased risk of infection while the front surface of the eye heals, or cloudiness of your vision. Contact a member of our team to learn more about the safety profile of the PiXL procedure.
3. How do I know if I’m a candidate?
If you have low refractive error and wear glasses or contacts, you may be a candidate. Contact a member of our team today to see if PiXL™ is right for you.
4. What can I expect post-procedure?
This will depend on what we recommend following your PiXL™ procedure based on you as a candidate. Contact us today to learn more about any restrictions or limitations that you can expect post-procedure.
5. How much does PiXL™ cost?
PiXL™ is a cost-effective treatment compared to the lifetime cost of prescription glasses and contact lenses. This procedure is not only a safe, simple procedure for vision correction but also a smart investment.
6. How will I know if I am a good candidate for the procedure?
The candidacy requirements are similar to those for LASIK. You need to be at least 18 years of age, not pregnant and have a stable prescription for the last year, and you should have no signs of past eye health issues or diseases.
Contact Clearview Vision Institute today to see if you qualify for PiXL™.